Friday, May 14, 2010

Father of Mine (Everclear)

Inadvertent Memories
Late last night,
While rifling through my center console,
I stumbled upon the picture
That you gave me that night
[back in August in the parking lot. ]
Thinking back on it now,
I almost laugh at that
Lame attempt to apologize-
To me, to them, to us (?)
Handing me a 20 year old picture
And a generic letter that was
Passed between the three of us-
Is not gonna get you back
Into my good graces.
So I walk to my car and throw
The photo in my backseat.
I’m not sure what you expected me
To do with said photo,
But it’s never left my car.

And I haven’t thought about it since.
Except for the nights that
I come across it while
Searching for a lighter in the dark.



4/10

2 comments:

  1. love it! definitely powerful stuff. and your bio description is so sweet.. I can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete