Friday, November 26, 2010

Prototype (Outkast)

Allies in Anticipation

I was going to reach out to you.

But I didn’t want to overstep my boundaries..

Or make you upset.

Wanted to let you know

That I feel closer to you-

I share your pain.

I don’t know how you’ve been dealing

With this for so long-

That dreaded unrequited Love.

I feel what you feel.

And now I understand why you

Do the things that you do-

It’s all a distraction.

Trying to keep your mind off

Of the one person you want

But cannot have.

And sometimes in the process

We fall victim to bad decision making

[ I’m guilty of the same.]

Doing things we aren’t proud of

Just to forget about the hurt-

Even if only for a moment.


So, how do you do it?

How are you able to lead

A seemingly normal life ?

I feel as if pieces of me are

Missing and I do not know

If I’ll ever be whole again..

Is this the reason you go after

Unattainable people-

To be sure no real relationship will form?

Leaving yourself available for

The day when he chooses you..

Doesn’t seem like a satisfying life to live-

Waiting.

Although,

It looks like I may be joining you.


God damn this heart of mine.

And yours.


11/10

No comments:

Post a Comment