Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sober (Kelly Clarkson)

An Uninvited Likeness

Sometimes I look in the mirror

And don’t know the person

Looking back at me.

I don’t know where I am

Or how I got here.

I had a life that was not this.

I had a girl who said she would always love me.

Everything is different now.

I have been thrust into a life that is so foreign to me.

Thought I had it all mapped out.

[I had a plan.]

She was The One

But now she’s just a memory.

The years we spent together are

Now just another part of my past.

[I have to get used to living without her.]

Looking in the mirror

I see someone broken.

Someone unsure-

Afraid of this new life.

But somewhere behind all of that

I catch a glimpse of myself.

I need to learn how to coax

Me out into this new world

And tell myself that

I will be okay.


12/10

No comments:

Post a Comment